Friday, September 9, 2011

CASE-ing with Lili of the Valley

I decided to try mixing monochrome coloring with the spotlight technique, and got plenty of inspiration from Lili of the Valley & CASE Study.

This is my first time using this stamp from Lili of the Valley. Isn't it adorable?! I thought it fit well with their current "Missing You" theme.

I don't usually participate in CASE challenges, partly because I find it difficult to reinvent others' work without copying it, and partly because the cards over there are beyond amazing. But I couldn't resist playing with Julie Lacey's gorgeous card.

I fell in love with Jen's card for the last Deconstructed Sketch, and just had to try using Linen cardstock (check out the link for info on what paper she uses - El Cheapo from WalMart!). I love stamping on linen cardstock, but I didn't know Copics worked so well on it.

In the spirit of the Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack Off the Page group's current "Shrink Plastic" theme, I made an embellishment out of a Stampin! Up stamp with Bright White shrink plastic and blue StazOn ink. I punched holes in it before punching it out and stringing it onto the tulle.


I stamped this {ippity] stamps sentiment onto the textured blue cardstock, but I wanted to emboss it to match the darker piece. However, once embossed it was difficult to read the sentiment; so I put that piece into my embossing machine on top of the folder and ran it through to flatten. The photo above captures the texture, but in real life it's nice & flat & subtle like below:


6 comments:

  1. HI sweetie this is so pretty i love the colours you have used, gorgeous work, thanks for joining us at LOTV this week hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this image, but it never looked as cute as you made it look...sigh.
    Beautiful work, sweetie...you even tie better bows than me...ggrrrr...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! Love your spotlighting technique!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable...great CASE...hope you have a fabby weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card love the colouring thanks for sharing Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love that highlight of color...it stands out remarkably! Beautiful organza ribbon too...so soft and delicate! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.