Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lights through the Darkness

It's certainly been wintry here; we have one last tree changing & dropping leaves, so I'm enjoying the burst of yellow before the view empties into spidery branches against the flat sky. Although it does open up to the most beautiful nightly view of Orion.

I've lived in places that don't have much of a winter, and even though I'm cold and slightly blue the whole way through, I rather enjoy the winters in Maryland. There's something so starkly beautiful about those months, and especially at this time of year when people put candles & lights in their windows. Festivals of Light are are one of those human phenomena, a universal need to shine a little light through the darkness.

Last year I was blown away by Chen Rosenberg's cityscape Hanukkah card, and I thought of it again when I saw Kryssi Ng's card for this week's CASE Study. Inspired by both, I made my own version using this fab Silhouette freebie from Beyond the Fringe Crafts:

And the inside:

Inspiration:
CASE Study Challenge #66: CASE card by Kryssi Ng

Stamps: Wonky Silhouette by Beyond the Fringe Crafts, Let It Shine sentiment from Verve Stamps, Happy Holidays sentiment from Studio G (I think)
Tools: Fiskars papercutter & punch, Cricut, SCAL, HP printer & ink, Sizzix Texture Boutique & embossing plate, ZipDry glue, Marvy heat tool, makeup sponge
Paper: Recollections, scrap posterboard, Paper Pizazz
Embellishments: Copic markers, Stampendous embossing powders, Tim Holtz Distress inks, Tattered Angels glimmer & chalk mists

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! I love this!! Amazing job!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Frosted Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sentiment is spot on, girl!! Fabulous texture on this card :) Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study!! Chupa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card CG! There's really a lot going on and it all works so well together. Awesome job!! It's up on my blog on the Digi post with a link back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- gorgeous card- love the city scape and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card cg. Love the light shining from the houses, very clever!
    Have a fantastic Thanksgiving and a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is awesome! I love the lighted windows and the little details in the windows. Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable card...luv the sentiment...thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study...hope you have a fabby week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card - just beautiful x
    Thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unique card! I love the sentiment and your die-cut image! I hope you'll create with us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.