Monday, May 6, 2013

Simply Mother's Day

I can't believe it's Mother's Day-time already! I've been working on a cross stitch project for my mother-in-law, but everything went wrong with that at the last minute...wrong colors, frame issues, you name it! So I had to scramble and make a card today to get in the mail (thank goodness for printable gift cards!)

I used Calla Lily digi stamps from Bird's Cards and colored them with Copics (I just did a bit of shading on the flowers). The sentiments are from SP & Company's For Every Mother set. I used two DPs for this, both my My Mind's Eye, and everything is edged with Wild Wasabi ink (SU!). It's finished with some pink Liquid Pearls, raffia, and a dyed lace from my stash. The blue part is popeed up with 2 layers of foam tape; the lace is stuck between the layers.



I made a very simple pop-up gift card holder:




Inspiration/Challenges:
CASE Study Challenge #139: Card by Maile Belles
The Corrosive Challenges: Mother's Day
Eureka Stamps: Mother's Day
My Craft Spot: For Mom







Thank you for visiting,

7 comments:

  1. This card is a gift in itself never mind the gift card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Mother's Day card! I love the FABULOUS calla lillies!! GREAT job and thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the card and and the gift card holder are super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty. Love the design of the g/c holder and the pretty flowers on the front. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card with those vibrant colors.......... Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps challenge this week!
    Hope to see you again next time!
    Hugs
    SOMA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card with a wonderful sentiment. Great gift card holder too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love that it is a gift card holder. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.