Saturday, April 13, 2013

Folded Paper Chevron Card

I had fun folding strips of paper to make chevrons for a recent CAS card, so I decided to try the technique again. 

Thanks to JJ Bolton's gorgeous chevron-patterned card at CASE Study Challenge, plus the Chevron challenge at Paper Minutes & the Scraps challenge at Hiding in my Craft Room, I had an excuse to grab some scraps & spend some quality watching TV with my husband and folding paper. I've got to try her technique... I just need the right die. Thanks for the excuse, JJ!


I stamped the sentiment (SP & Company) after cutting the strips, but before folding them and embossing them with a polka-dot Cuttlebug folder. I used a Marvy punch for the corners.

I modified the chevron fold from SEI's Patchwork Chevron Technique on Creating Keepsakes; my strips are 1.5 x .75 inches, glued with ZipDry silicon glue and secured to dry with binder clips. Here's a quick visual of the process (including the 2 sentiment pieces, I used 21 pieces/7x3):



 Sorta time-consuming, but definitely worth it! Let me know if you try it.


Inspiration/Challenges:
CASE Study Challenge #136: Inspiration from JJ Bolton
Hiding in my Craft Room #93: Super Scraps
Paper Minutes #264: Chevron
Thank you for visiting,

9 comments:

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

That's a totally fabulous card!!! WOW what an awesome technique... not sure that I would try it out though... seems really long.

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great card- love the chevrons you created- great collection of colors!

Cathy Weber said...

This looks like so much work, but I agree...well worth it! Love the visual you gave us, so much easier to picture how you achieved this look without a die.

Juliet A said...

I am totally going to CASE this - thank you!

Berni Cuttino said...

Eye catching CAS card, amazing design.
Hugs
Berni

Beverley said...

FAB card! Great use of the inspiration. Hugs Bev x

Debby said...

Wow, that technique takes some patience! Well done you! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Jeanne J said...

Yes definitely worth the time! Beautiful! You have a great eye for color and mixing and matching patterns!

Melanie Rozwood said...

This turned out great. I like the tutorial too. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.