Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sketchin' Hos / Raisin' Smiles

What a title, right‽ This card was inspired by a couple of "crafty" blogs: Crafty Hos' Color/Sketch challenge and Crafty Ann's challenge#38 (Raise a Smile), as well as the Two-color Card Cupids Challenge.
The colors chosen by Crafty Hos are Spring Green & Pastel Pink, but I included white and black details too, as well as two shades of the main colors. This small card shows off my two current favorite techniques: paper piecing & heat embossing.

I asked Mom if she had any spare easter-ish stamps, and she sent me the most wonderful box-full! She & Dad will be traveling throughout most of the Spring, so she sent me all the stamps she won't get to use this season. It's so nice how close crafting has made us, despite the 2000 actual miles.

I wanted to make sure I used the funny and seasonal "Easter Ribbit" she sent me, and remembered the humorous theme at Crafty Ann's...I wish I could have used one of her digi stamps, but this stamp was just perfect for this challenge!

Easter Ribbit stamp: Whipper Snapper Designs
Decorated Egg stamp: CraftSmart
Supplies: Martha Stewart two-toned paper, detailing scissors, border punch and pink embossing powder, Core'dinations cardstock, Versamark watermark ink, Stampendous embossing powder, Marvy heat tool, Sakura and Elmer's glitter pens, ZipDry glue, ZIG 2-way glue pen, tulle

6 comments:

  1. I had a l'il giggle when I saw this! So cute....and I want your Mum to adopt me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Christina! Thank you for joining us again
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ribbit is so cute... lovely, cheerful card.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love it :-)
    Thanks for raising a smile at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute - great image.
    Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
    Hugs. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this one Christina. Very funny. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.