Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Soft Spotlight on Inchies

I was excited to see the Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge on Inchies, because I really needed an excuse to try this very groovy technique. Folks come up with the most gorgeous, incredible ideas for this simple concept, but I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out too. Thanks for the inspiration!
I only used 2 papers (kraft & white) and 4 inks (Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, soft brown, and watermark), plus clear-embossing. There's some emboss-resisting going on as well. For the inchies, I ink-distressed the white pieces with Antique Linen and then clear-embossed the stamp with watermark ink. I had planned on adding some ink afterwards, but the contrast came out so well that I kept it. The mats are inked in corresponding colors.

Inspiration:
Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge: Inchies

Supplies: Asian by Design & Asian Influences stamp sets by Inkadinkado, sentiment from Regal Greetings set by {ippity} Stamps, Recollections cardstock, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Martha Stewart detailing scissors and chalk ink, Fiskars papercutter and deckle scissors, Stampendous clear embossing powder, Marvy heat tool, stash twine


Update 6/5/11: My goodness, this card won the
Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight on Inchies Challenge!

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you have used your created inchies on your card. It's a very clever composition, which makes it very original. Thanks for playing with Inchies on our Spotlight at CCM. hope to see you again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina, love this gorgeous creation. Fab images and design. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, so unique and so elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card! I love bamboo plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. I love the greens and beiges and the whole thing is very effective.

    Thanks for joining in with The Spotlight Challenge.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.