Thursday, July 21, 2011

Punch-flowers and a Pretty Girl

Stitchy Bear is having a month-long contest in August for cards to feature in their ad for the October issue of PaperCraft Essentials magazine. Looks really fun, so mark your calendars!

Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps Online Shop is such a great resource for many different brands of digi stamps. One of my favorites, Gillu's Gallery, is now selling there too. They have a challenge blog, One Stitch at a Time, and their current challenge is Flowers. Perfect opportunity to use the Pretty Girl digi from Gillu's Gallery, as well as to try my hand at a paper-punch flower technique I saw in PaperCraft Inspirations magazine (Jan. 2011).

I tried my hand at a paper-punch flower technique I saw in PaperCraft Inspirations magazine (Jan. 2011), and I'm really happy with the result. I didn't glue myself to it once! For the middles, I made some tiny buttons from shrink plastic (see my previous post), colored them black, and sewed them on.

I used the current Midnight Madness Sketch, but I chose the color combo myself. Everything's colored and/or edged with Copics, including the paper I used for the punch flowers.

I'm entering this card into Aud Sentiments Challenge #33: "Enjoy Your Day", thanks to this lovely sentiment by Marion.

Inspiration:
One Stitch at a Time Challenge #77: Flowers
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #113
Aud Sentiments Challenge #33: "Enjoy Your Day"

Stamps: Pretty Girl by Gillu's Gallery, For all Mothers set by SP & Company, Happiness Ticket by When the Scrap Hits the Fun
Paper: Hammermill, Recollections, Core'dinations, shrink plastic from stash
Tools: InDesign, HP printer & ink, needle, awl, Fiskars papercutter, Recollections punches, Crop-O-Dile, Tim Holtz paper distresser & scissors, EK Success corner punch
Other: ZipDry glue, bakers twin, stash ribbon (Thanks Sandra!), Copic markers

Update 6/25/11: This card made
the top 3 at OSAAT!

9 comments:

  1. CJ what an adorable card- thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT and posting about our contest too :)...I look forward to seeing your awesome talent again...

    stitchy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Best of luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christina. This is so beautiful, and full of wonderful colour. I adore the flowers you have made, fantastic. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. I love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and fab flowers. Thank you for joining our challenge at OSAAT and using one of our digi's too:o) Good luck. Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhh this is amazing!! love the yellow flowers!! thanks for using my free sentiment!!
    hugs
    xMx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tropical card! I love your summery colors and those fabulous flowers. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge and hope you will come back and play again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Flowers” Challenge and using one of our digis.

    Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is wonderful hun, love your flower!
    Thank you for playing along @ Aud Sentiments!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.