How can you tell if there's a dog on your boat? Just look for the poop deck!
Yes, I must still have "the puns" from April Fool's Day... I'm not much for practical jokes, but I love a bad pun. Which is why I'm kinda regretting choosing the theme of "Wood" for this week's Pile It On Challenge...! We're sponsored by Jellypark, so I used her cute Pirate & Dog on Boat digi and my punniest sentiment, from TLC Creations: "To err is human; To arrrr is pirate." (It's also available as part of the Pirate Party set.)
I've actually used this sentiment with a Jellypark image before, and it was even for Pile It On, oops! But the cards are very different. I'm thinking I'm going have to send out Talk Like a Pirate Day cards this year!
I couldn't help myself from making a little Doggie Jolly Roger with a Prima wood embellishment. I drew the bones and colored them & the dog with a white glaze pen.
I cut the little boat from some cork I have in my stash. I added the details, and attached the sentiment sail with a small stick that I just happened to have. Okay, I admit that I collect natural items for crafting purposes...sticks, leaves, even bark. I put them in a plastic in the freezer to "treat" them, and try to use them as fast as I collect them...which I never do!
Which is why I was really happy to find a use for the bark I collected last year. I soaked some pieces in a bowl of water overnight, and then ran them through my SU! Sweet Buttons Embosslit Die to make little buttons. I punctured the holes with my awl, dried the piece with my heat tool, and sewed on some blue floss.
The image is colored with Copics. I added texture to the boat using Blender Solution and a piece of cork.
As you can tell, I had lots of fun making this! Hope you'll gather your favorite challenges and Pile It On with us this week.
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: Card or Project with a Sentiment for a Child
- Cards For Men: Humorous cards
- Crafty Cardmakers: Humour
- Card Makin' Mamas: No patterned papers
- Inklings and Yarns: Always Anything Goes
- Inky Impressions: For a child
- Oldie but a Goodie: Transport (I've had the cork for over a year and a half, and the stick & bark were collected last spring)
- Paper Playtime: Use a Pun
- Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
- Stuck on U Diecut Challenge: Rrrrrrr Ye Sea Worthy (buttons are cut with a die)