Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dude Time Doodles November Inspirational Challenge

This week's Dude Time Doodles challenge is an inspiration challenge: Make a card inspired by the image on the right. You can interpret it any way you'd like: Thanksgiving, color theme, leaves, gratitude, turkeys, whatever! Here's the official scoop:

1. Use the photo / color inspiration and the Dude and Dudette creations to get your mojo moving.

2. You are not required to use BDD images. Although it would make us really really happy and giggle a lot if you did!

3. You can use humor, innuendo, be a little naughty, sarcastic. As long as your project is masculine.

4. Be sure to use the InLinkz in the Dude Time Doodles post to submit your creation.


This month, we have an awesome new sponsor.

Graphicat Designs is a Brand New website full of some of your favorite things. Not only do we carry our own unique blend of sarcasm based sentiments and fun images, but we are the Canadian retailer for some fabulous other stamp companies such as Tickled Pink, Simply Betty and Whimsy Stamps. Graphicat Stamps come in digi format, High Quality Clear Photopolymer and Unmounted Red rubber for all your stamping pleasures! Graphicat also offers many other great paper crafting items from custom, hand made embellishments to BoBunny paper pads. *And* we offer FREE SHIPPING! So pop on over and check us out, sign up for our newsletter and look around.

Graphicat Designs is Proud to sponsor Dude Time Doodles, a fellow stamp company with images that match our sarcastic ways at Graphicat!

The winner will receive a Sushi Stamp Set from Graphicat Designs, pictured here:



Isn't that such an awesome prize?! Hop over to Dude Time Doodles and check out the gorgeous cards by the Design Team; then take that inspiration and join the challenge!

I decided to make a Thanksgiving card with Bountiful Blessings. I knew I wanted to layer the image, but couldn't decide on the card design. So I asked my Creative Consultant (my fab husband) for some direction, and he suggested "dimension & texture". So I made a simple framed card, using a template I made for a FlowerSoft/Dimensional card back in August.


I separated the image into 4 layers, with texture on each. There's FlowerSoft on the feather, Glossy Accents on the eyes, apple, and ham (I love that I can honestly say that I glazed the ham!), glitter glue on the stein & buckle, flocking on the pumpkin & squash, and I machine-embossed the football. Each layer is popped up with foam pop-dots.
I only have two Thanksgiving sentiment stamps: one in English and one in Spanish. I chose the latter, from from Dilo En Español Stamps, and stamped it with StazOn onto a pretty, preprinted acetate sheet Mom sent me. I backed the acetate with vellum, and popped the whole thing with foam tape.


The inside was built with the scraps from cutting the front frames, and I enlarged some of the main image for embellishments.

Even though this is a GDT card, I'm entering into the Texture Challenge at Lily Pad Cards. Be sure to check out all the wonderful DT cards for this challenge at Dude Time Doodles, and I can't wait to see what you create!

Stamps: Bountiful Blessings from Dude Time Doodles, Que Siga La Fiesta set from Dilo En Español Stamps
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Cricut, SCAL, HP printer & ink, Sizzix Texture Boutique & embossing plate, Martha Stewart detail scissors & border punch, ZipDry glue, ZIG glue pen
Paper: Recollections, Hammermill
Embellishments: Copic markers, Pretty Petites ribbon, FlowerSoft, Stampendous flocking, Recollections pop dots & foam tape strips, Glossy Accents

6 comments:

  1. CG this is gorgeous. I love the way you have used a variety of products to give this texture as well as dimension. Fabulous colours too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the texture and dimension and the wow factor you added by using so many forms embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it CG! Sooo much texture! Love the bright colours too!
    Good Luck in the challenge!
    Hugs
    Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! Love ALL the details you put into this gorgeous Thanksgiving card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cg, I love all the details you put into the image! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully colored and constructed! So glad you joined us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.