Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pilin' on the Jellies

This week at the Pile It On Challenge we're challenging you to use 3 of something. I used 3 images, 3 bubble embellishments, and 3 bubbles inside the card.

This card is, coincidentally, for our nephew's third birthday. We visited the National Aquarium in downtown Baltimore the last time he was here, and I thought of the fun we had at their gorgeous jellyfish exhibit when I saw this cut digi by our sponsor, Kitty Bee Designs.


The digi stamp comes with the big & little jellies, so I added a smaller version of the little one. I printed the trio twice, once on fluorescent orange paper, and again on a shiny white paper which I then heat-embossed with neon orange powder. Although I usually get good results heat-embossing from directly my printer, but not this time, so I went over the lines with a Versamark pen and heat-embossed them again to get fuller coverage. I inked the white paper with a light blue ink. I also used a TH stencil to create the splashes in a darker blue.

I used recycled plastic packaging and a foam sheet to make the shaker portion. I filled it with blue MS microbeads and small glass beads.


The sentiment is cut from a neon blue paper with a QuicKutz die. I backed the paper with an adhesive sheet before cutting it, so the letters were individual stickers. I outlined the letters with a blue marker after die-cutting them but before taking them off the sticker backing.

The fish-patterned paper is by Recollections. The neon blue and orange papers are from Target. I used a dark blue paper as the card base, and decorated the inside with 3 sizes of circles, including a white one for the message.

Challenges/Inspiration:
Bloggers: Happy Birthday
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards: For a Child
Connie Can Crop: Birthday Wishes
Crafts Galore Encore: Anything Goes with a Stamp or Digi
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything goes with Patterned Paper background
Crafty Sentiment Designs: Birthday


Thank you for visiting & inspiring my crafting! Hope you'll join us at Pile It On,

4 comments:

  1. fun card
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project. Thanks for entering Crafts Galore Encore Challenge ATG. Wendy (DT).xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.