Monday, September 5, 2011

One sketch, four challenges

I liked this week's Unscripted Sketch so much, I used it twice: for Cupcake Inspirations #126, and the Play Date Cafe Color Splash Challenge.

For the Cupcake Inspirations card, I took a cue from this week's Pile it On challenge and piled on a Boatload of Anything with a B: Buttons, Bows, Brads, Baby (theme), Bliss (sentiment), Butterflies, Blue (for sentiment heat-embossed color).

Inspiration:
Cupcake Inspirations #126
Unscripted Sketch #122
Pile it On #36: B is for Buttons, Bows, Brads, Anything that begins with B!!

Stamps: Stampin' Up!
Paper: Hammermill, Recollections, stash
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, stamp block, Marvy heat tool
Other: ZipDry glue, Recollections embossing powder, Versamark ink, Offray & stash ribbons, Michaels brads, stash buttons


I always love the cards for the Play Date Cafe Color Splash Challenge. The combo of black and white with just a splash of color is so striking. I haven't participated in a while and I'm so glad I did! Not sure what possessed me to white-emboss on white paper, I but I really like the result. The stamped pieces are raised up with pieces of cardboard I cut & edged in black.

Inspiration:
The Play Date Cafe Color Splash Challenge #97: Black & White + Red
Unscripted Sketch #122

Stamps: Stampin' Up!
Paper: DCWV, Hammermill, Recollections, stash cardboard
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, stamp block, Marvy heat tool
Other: ZipDry glue, Stampendous embossing powders, Versamark ink, We R Memory Keepers baker's twine, Copic #100

Thank you everyone for all the inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. CG, both your cards are beautiful! I love the butterflies! Thank you so much for playing with Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are great! I love how you used the Unscripted sketch and how different each of your cards is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun card-love how you played with the colors. Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO pretty!!! Love all those butterflies!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. super fun and wonderfully colorful. thanks for playing with us at CIC and Pile It On.
    I hope you keep playing along with both of these challenges cause then I'm sure to be back having a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! So cute! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.