Saturday, October 29, 2011

Candy Corn Cards

I'm so happy to see that Therese of Paper Faces Designs is back blogging, and as soon as I saw her Candy Corn freebies I just had to make a couple of cards.

Therese was kind enough to welcome me into her Design Team last year, and being a part of that team with Jeannie & Natasha was really influential. The DT has disbanded for the time being, but Therese has lots of wonderful digi image & cut files on her blog for free and for sale (just send her an email if you see something you like). You can see my many Paper Faces Designs projects in my archives.

For the top card, I imported Therese's Candy Corn digi stamp into Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) and separated the pieces into layers. For the insides, I used her Candy Corn SVG cut file.

For the second card, I simply added a big hole to the front! This is something I've wanted to do for a while: there's a piece of black tulle stretched across the hole, and that's what the image is glued on.

On the backs of both I stamped little candy corns and then hand-colored them. I love the look, but man that's a lot of candy corn!


Card 1 Inspiration:
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #78: Halloween (with freebies; thank you!)

The sentiment is a freebie from Sentimental Sundays; it fit perfectly!


Card 2 Inspiration:


5 comments:

  1. Both look so fascinting in shape and concept!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are spooktacular. I love it Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique card design. Love colors, and embellishments. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Halloween Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they are fantastic! What a fab idea! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique card. The colours are so Spooktacular!!!!

    Thank you for joining us at FnF this week.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.