Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dude Time Doodles December Inspirational Challenge

This week is the Dude Time Doodles December Inspirational Challenge, and we want to see projects featuring, in some way, your Favorite Christmas Movie.

Our Design Team did a super job showcasing how to incorporate Bonibleaux Designs/Dude Time Doodles into this theme, and we can't wait to see what you come up with.

My favorite Christmas movie, no contest, is the original, animated The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I used a quote from the end of the poem by Dr. Suess [ref.]: "Maybe Christmas ... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas - perhaps - means a little bit more!" And paired it with a funny sentiment on the inside: "Hope that's true, because all you're gettin' is this card!"
On the front, the frame is a digi stamp from Create with TLC, and the rest are from Bonibleaux Designs/Dude Time Doodles. I printed them onto Shrinky Dink plastic, shrunk them in my toaster oven, and then colored the tree & presents with gel pens. You can't see it in the photo, but I stamped a flourish in clear embossing powder on the sentiment piece, after I printed it. The image on the inside is by Marlooney, available from Bonibleaux Designs/Dude Time Doodles. I love that little guy!
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Hooked on Crafts Challenge #14: Christmas
The Crazy Challenge #98: Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #51: Anything Goes
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Week 86: Make a Christmas Card

Stamps: O Christmas Tree, Santa's Balls & Presents! from Bonibleaux Designs/Dude Time Doodles, Frame digi stamp by Create with TLC, Fiskars sentiment stamp
Paper: Studio G, Hammermill, Recollections, Shrinky Dink plastic
Tools: Fiskars papercutter & finger knife, Marvy heat tool, acrylic block, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Martha Stewart scissors, ZipDry glue, toaster oven
Supplies: Sakura & Elmer's gel pens, Copic markers

11 comments:

  1. Super card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 51 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. I just love the inside. Thank you for joining us at HOC. Merry Christmas.
    Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card cg! Love the DP you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Love your sentiment and the use of shrink plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clearly have a wonderful imagination and creative streak. I LOVE this card....it's perfect! (And I'm so glad you loved creating with that little guy...he's one of my faves, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and creative! I love the tall card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is ace CG! Well done on the sentiment too!
    Wishing you & yours a very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card CG, I like the images you have used and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. good guy card. Thanks for playing in Speedy's Challenge. Wishing you and yours peace and joy in this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a very different design but very beautiful, love your little tree and gift, a very Merry Christmas friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, CG! I stopped by today for a couple of reasons. First, I'd like to invite you to stop by and visit my blog. If you like it, I'd just love for us to follow one another's blogs. I love making new blog friends. Also, I know you're on the Pile It On DT, and since you need to "pile it on" with lots of challenges, I wanted to tell you about a new challenge blog that needs love and attention. It is Word Art Wednesday (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com) and they have a new challenge every Wednesday. I would be so thrilled to have you pile on an entry over there when you are able. I hope it's OK that I'm telling your DT this information. Again, I would LOVE to have you visit/follow me as well. Thanks so much, and I really hope to see you soon!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.