Saturday, December 3, 2011

a Real Red fingered dawn

I loved making Christmas projects last year with SP & Company's Ornamental Trees set, and when I saw SP Color Combo #128 (Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Lucky Limeade), I just had to pull out the set. I made a scene using these lovely triangles, and was inspired by Homer's epithet in The Iliad: rosy fingered dawn [ref.]. Although in this case it's a Real Red fingered dawn!

I matched my idea with the Card Positioning Systems Sketch #246 to make this Shabby Chic-ish card:

I used masking and emboss-resist to create the top panel.


Inspiration:
SP Color Combo #128: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Lucky Limeade
Card Positioning Systems #246: Sketch by Tami Mayberry

Stamps: Ornamental Trees by SP & Company, sentiment from Tim Holtz
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Tim Holtz paper distresser, needle, Marvy heat tool, Martha Stewart detail scissors, ZipDry glue, Singer sewing machine, acrylic block
Supplies: natural paper & cardstock from stash, Recollections embossing powder & pop-dots, thread, Versamark, Inkadinkado & Memento inks, Paper Pretties ribbon


Update: Whoo-hoo, this card won SP Color Combo #128!

5 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I love the dimension of your trees! Thanks for playing at SPCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a marvelous job with this combo! I love the rosy-fingered dawn. Thank you for joining us at SPCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! And congrats on winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thanks for joining us at SPCC and I hope to see more projects from you soon :)

    Patchi
    SPCC - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely shabby chic card. Love the pop up Xmas trees.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.