Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dude Time Doodles June FREEBIE Challenge

It's that time again...for our monthly FREEBIE Challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

This month, you get a chance to work with Johnny on the Spot. Now, you might think, "How in the world would I use a toilet on card" Well, if the Design Team's projects are any indication, there are lots of occasions it's perfect for. Wait till you see the range of ideas, it's amazing!

Personally, I was inspired to make a "Potty Training Congratulations" card. I don't have children, but from my watching my friends' experiences I understand that this is a huge deal. So I made a card for a boy on his Big Day, ha ha!


As with most cards for small children, this is for the parents as well. I've read that people put pebbles, marbles, and even cheerios in the bowl to help little boys aim...that fact inspired the pearls.

I used a thin, brochure-type photo paper from HP's Everyday line for the Johnny on the Spot digi stamp, as well as for the large circle which I cut/embossed with a Spellbinders die.
 
Hope you'll grab this freebie and join us at Dude Time Doodles; the prize is a chance to join the Design Team for the month of July!

Inspiration/Challenges:
Dude Time Doodles: Freebie/Guest Designer Challenge
i{heart}2stamp June Challenge: Sketch
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Challenge: Celebration
Try It On Tuesdays Challenge: Anything Goes


Update 10/24/12: I finally had occasion to send this card, to my high school friend's son, who just completed potty training! My friend is very crafty so I knew she'd get out of it. Here's the photo she posted on FaceBook:
It went through the mail great, whew! I love making cards, but I love making smiles more ha ha!

10 comments:

  1. Love your "you did it" card - so very clever! The pearls are a fun touch for the parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card for parents of a child who finally "hit the spot"! Never heard of putting marbles in the basin, I'd be afraid they'd want to reach in and play! Super card CG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real fun card,for the child and the parents. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea. Such a fun card and love the pearls idea. Super.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect card for the occasion!!! LOL this was really a fun image to create with - I love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun idea! I can just imagine how surprized parents would be to get a card to celebrate this monumental occasion!!! Super fun idea. I had girls and I had a little candy dish on a shelf filled with chocolates. I rewarded sucesses and they were trained in no time - what girl doesn't jump through hoops to get chocolate. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea for a card really like it. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card, along with your blog post, are just too funny! OMGoodness I am so enjoying the cards this week! Thanks for the explanation! I don't have kids either and have never heard of those tricks. Better them than me and if you give this to any of those friends, they will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CG this is just wonderful! Bet you've given a few folks some ideas now!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! What a FUN card! Awesome take on the SFYTT! I gotta say, I never would have thought of a toilet for an embellishment, but of course it's perfect here! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.