Sunday, June 10, 2012

OSAAT #117 - For the Man in Your Life

You don't need money, don't take fame;
Don't need no credit card to ride this train;
It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes;
But it might just save your life...
That's the power of love.
Huey Lewis & the News

This week's challenge theme at One Stitch at a Time is For the Man in Your Life, so I used Power of Love by Stitchy Stamps to make this simple card for my husband...I've been working on it in secret so that I can give it to him right before I post this; Talk about taking the challenge theme literally!

The Chevrons are actually Digi Papers from Mel Stampz, printed on flat white Hammermill cardstock; the rest are DPs from my stash. I colored the image with my Copics; I do love purple!

I liked the clean lines on this, so I didn't include an actual sentiment. Plus, doesn't the image really say it all‽

Hope you'll join the For the Man in Your Life challenge at One Stitch at a Time this week.

For entries using a StitchyBear Store product (be sure to add a # after your name when entering), the prize is 3 Promarkers from Creative Craft World! You're welcome to enter the challenge using different products, but instead you'll be entered into the draw to win a $3 coupon to StitchyBear. Can't wait to see your projects!




Inspiration/Challenges:
ATCs & Card with Attitude Challenge #15: Anything Goes/ Fathers Day
52 Card Pickup - Week 23: Anything Goes (Link-Up Party)
Card Crafter's Circle: Monochromatic
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days: Fathers Day / Masculine
Delicious Doodles: For the Fellas
Dream Valley Challenge #34: For that Special Guy
OSAAT Challenge #117: For the Man in Your Life
Unscripted Sketches #161: Sketch

14 comments:

  1. A fantastic card Cg... I love the purple you have used..

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real fun image and I bet your husband loved his card. Perfect. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - so bold with those stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card....love the funky paper and image! Thanks for joining us over at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days challenge. Hugs Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is awesome. What a fun paper and design. Love your card.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOw this is brilliant! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card
    thanks for playing along with Delicious Doodles
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Cg, I like the image it made me smile, I like the colours and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous purple stripes on your paper and super coloring on your image--excellent creation
    Deb
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! love the image and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that paper you've used! Gives a fab look to your card! And I think the image is great - this "all muscles" masculine man, looking like a kitten standing there with a flower in his hand... Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is fantastic - what a great image and I just LOVE the purple coluring & patterned paper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for playing in our Monochromatic challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle. Who could resist that smile of his? Fun card!!!
    Hugs
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
    Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great male card. Thanks for playing at Dream Valley x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.