Saturday, July 2, 2011

Love you with Cherry Cake on the side

We picked up red and yellow cherries at the Waverly Farmers Market, and I used some to make one of my favorite cakes from Smitten Kitchen. You can use whatever fruit you want, as long as you drain any excess liquid. I'm pretty sure I spent more time pitting the cherries than making this card! For me, pitting cherries is a huge sign of devotion. So I figured I'd make a card for my husband (and for a few challenges, why not) to go along with the cake:

I used half wheat flour and half brown sugar, so it's not a particularly sweet cake, but we can always add something sweet, like ice cream! The heart-punch cherries are coated with Glossy Accents with little rope stems. I copper-embossed the heart brad.

Inspiration:
Mojo Monday #197: Square Sketch
Craft Your Passion #64: Seeing Red
Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack Off the Page Group: Polymer Clay
Divas by Design #5: Punches

Tutorials:
Polymer Clay Mosaic Tiles at Art Bliss

Stamps: Cling Cupcake XL by Stampendous, sentiment by Hampden Art
Paper:
Recollections (metallic, plain, kraft), glittered Core'dinations
Tools:
HP printer & ink, Marvy heat tool, Fiskars papercutter, Recollections heart & border punches
Other: ZipDry glue,
ZING embossing powder (thank you Dymonz!), Versamark ink, Sakura GellyRoll pens, brad from stash, Glossy Accents, Sculpey polymer clay, stash craft rope
Copics:
YG67, R37, R59

3 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Nommy! that cake looks gorgeous & that really was a labour of love!!

Fab card hun love the border punch!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Anne-Marie said...

Who's a big softie, then? What a romantic gesture.....just too lovely....the cherries AND the card, lol!

Sarah said...

Hi there, looks like a scrummy cake and the card is lovely too! Love the cupcake image and hearts around the edge. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah