Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to School, primarily

So have you heard yet about the upcoming blog hop and party at Feline Playful? Let me tell you, it's gonna be amazing. I save so much time being able to consult their challenge lists, and am always finding new blogs. Someone pointed out that expecting sponsors & followers is nothing but vanity, which may well be true but I'm not quite sure what part of participating in challenges isn't a soft form of vanity, so put your makeup on & fix your hair up pretty [ref.] and meet me & the fantastic group there on September 21.

Anyhoo, I have a huge list of cards I should be working on, but I wanted to make a back-to-school card for our teenaged nieces. 
For the images, I pulled out some of my favorite digis from Tiddly Inks and Just Some Lines. I was especially pleased to see that the current challenge at Just Some Lines is Embossing: I love me some embossing, any kind! The chair was printed on yellow cardstock and dry-embossed with my Sizzix. The sentiment frame is heat-embossed in ruby.
I paper-pieced the book image with matching papers. Love Graphics 45!

Inspiration:
Just Some Lines Challenge: Embossing
Fairy Tale Challenge #22: Back to School
Delightful Challenges: Back to School/Primary Colors

Stamps: Schoolgirl set by Tiddly Inks, Amber Reads by Just Some Lines, Let It Shine set by Verve Stamps, the Paper Studio
Paper: Graphics 45, Hammermill, Recollections
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Martha Stewart scissors & border punch, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Marvy heat tool, Sizzix Texture Boutique, Tim Holtz embossing folder
Other: ZipDry glue, Scotch foam tape, Versamark & Memento inks, Recollections embossing powder, Copic markers, Sakura gel pen

13 comments:

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful card and the colors too! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. =)

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Lady Anne said...

What a delightful card you have made and the inside is just as lovely...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

karlinchen50 said...

Hello a very beautiful card and a great design.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
**Karla

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh my gosh - this is absolutely AMAZING. LOVE IT!!!!! The combination of the TI and JSL images just go so perfectly together (2 of my favorite digi image companies!). :) Thank you for joining our embossing challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Bianca said...

What a lovely idea! I love the comfi sofa and how you have used the digis! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Anne-Marie said...

Wish I'd had an auntie like you...ha!
Simply cute and adorable....I had to scroll back up 'cos I thought the inside was the front of another card, lol!
You are such a show-off....and vain....expectin' me to leave comments all the time....ha!

Nela said...

Hi, gorgeous card!
I love the chair!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela

Mary J said...

cg, what fun! I love how you've done that book theme!

sallysbitz said...

This is a lovely card you have made for your Nieces x

Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

rosalien said...

Fantastic, I love how you made the bookside of the card. Great job.
Thanks for joining DC.

Hugs, Rosalien

~*Nina*~ said...

I´m sure your nieces will LOVE the card! :) The didi´s are soo cute and I love how you matched that scene! Great work!

Thanks for joining us at Fairy tale Challenge!

hugs
Nina

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Great creation Christi! I love how you used the 2 images. Thanks so much for playing in our embossing challenge at JUST SOME LINES:)

PokSa said...

What a fantastic work. Great style.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra