Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Enchilada, Mama?

I'm participating in a recipe swap at Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack (SDSS), and had a leftover embellishment that I decided to make a card with. Since I used Enchiladas for my recipe, I had colored this cute Cook digi from Tellen's Place Designs and added some handmade paper enchiladas (adapted from a paper taco I saw in a magazine; see instructions at the bottom of this post). Mom got a real kick out of this idea, so this card's for her.

I was really drawn to this week's photo at Cupcake Inspirations (right), and had lots of fun with it. Yes I know Anne-Marie: more purple! But there's plenty of pink in there too!

I was inspired to make a Sliding Pop Up Card thanks to Croms' great tutorial at SDSS. I made a few earlier in the year, but it was fun to try again.

The paper flowers are from a bunch we bought recently in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. They really hold up well & bounce back from anything!
Inspiration:
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #124
Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack: Sliding Pop Up Card

Stamps: Kiss the Cook by Tellen's Place Designs, sentiment by TLC Creations
Paper: Recollections, Hammermill
, stash DP
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Martha Stewart scissors & corner/border punch, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Cricut & SCAL
, Recollections punch
Other: ZipDry glue, ZIG glue pen,
Copic markers, Offray ribbon


How to make tiny paper enchiladas:
  1. Tortilla: Cut or punch out a circle, and fold it loosely into thirds. (I used a 3/4 inch punch)
  2. Lettuce: Cut out a piece of green paper slightly longer than the circle & about 1/8 inch wide. Use scissors to "fringe" the edges on the short sides.
  3. Enchilada: Glue lettuce onto middle section of tortilla. Fold up enchilada. Apply a small amount of glue onto bottom flap; fold over top flap and secure with a clip to dry.
  4. Cheese: Glue a mix of yellow & orange flocking onto top of enchilada. (I used only yellow in this example)

2 comments:

Zulma said...

This is so cool! nice image, colors and cute detail on the plate. TFS with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Zulma DT

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Fantastic card. And great work with the colours, it really was inspired by our cuppies!!

Thank-you for playing at Cupcake Inspirations this week.

Happy Crafting
Sam xx

www.craftychickcards.blogspot.com