Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Nature Boy

Ever since participating in their Banksy challenge, I'm hooked on Daring Cardmakers! This week's challenge is Krafty: use kraft paper as well as 3 natural items. I also adore Cards for Men, and chose Ground for their "G is for..." challenge. I used the decidedly hip swirl stamps from the Raisin Boat Make a Splash set. The star of this show, of course, is Skate Board Edward from Tellen's Place Designs. Love this guy! He reminds me of summer.

For my "natural items" I grabbed a couple of small leaves from the yard (Hurricane Irene made that easy; I think they're Maple & Mulberry), put them in the freezer for a few hours (to kill bugs), dried them out with my heat tool (with only some burning), then sprayed them with hairspray to set. I made the cork button by slicing up one of my long-hoarded wine corks, adding holes & eyelets with my Crop-O-Dile. I sewed it on with baker's twine, which I'm hoping was made with "natural" cotton and dyes (I'd've used hemp twine if I'd had it)!

Inspiration:
Daring Cardmakers: Feeling Krafty (plus 3 natural items)
Cards for Men Challenge #18: G is for... (Ground)

Stamps: SB Edward 2 by Tellen's Place Designs, Make a Splash set from Raisin Boat
Paper: Recollections, Hammermill
Tools: Fiskars papercutter & deckle scissors, Martha Stewart scissors, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, hole punch, Marvy heat tool & punch, Crop-O-Dile
Other: Versamark & Memento inks, ZipDry & Tacky glues, stash eyelet, stash baker's twine, Recollections embossing powders, Sutter Home cork, stash eyelets, leaves, hairspray
Copic markers: RV11, E13, E33, E11, E31, E35, E47, C-1, C-5, C-7, BG49, BG15, BG10, FYG1

4 comments:

Kathy said...

A perfect card for our "Feeling Krafty" challenge, thanks for sharing it with The Daring Cardmakers

purple_pea_fran said...

Very cool card! Love those leaves.Thanks joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week.

Mandy said...

Fabulous card, great image and colours,so perfect for a man's card...Thanks for joining in with us at Cards for Men,hope to see you again...
Mandy x

Alison said...

Great card- fab swirl and image! Thanks for joining our 'G is for..' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck.
Hugs, Alison x