Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dude Time Doodles February Freebie Challenge

How is it possibly the second week of February 2012?! Happily, this month's Dude Time Doodles freebie harkens us back to the olden days of romantic wayfarers with Zeke Zoro. Wait till you see what the Design Team came up with!

My card features him in a Reverend Billy-esque fit of public expression:


The center "napkin" is made from a pre-cut DP; I generated the sentiment in SCAL & cut it on my Cricut. I love the name of the font I used to create the "LUV" cut-out: "a Theme for murder"! It was a pretty delicate cut, and I only had one go with it, but it came out fine! I distressed it with my distressing tool. Everything is ink distressed in Red Brick or Tea Dye. The "chalkboard" and rose papers are from my 5&Dime stack. I used by border punch to add the tiny hearts on the rose paper. THe image is colored with SU! watercolor crayons.

Hope you'll grab this freebie and join us at Dude Time Doodles; the prize is a chance to join the Design Team for the month of March!

I'm entering this card for the following challenges:
DYSU #57: Anything Goes + Use your Stash [I've been saving these papers forever...funny that they ended up on the same card! The flowers are also from my stash.]
The Shabby Tea Room Week #100: Photo Inspiration/Food theme + Hearts

11 comments:

  1. Love that font you used for the sentiment - perfect! Great color combos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright and so cute!! The image makes me smile :-) Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Love everything about your card! I especially like the font.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome CG! I love your font too!!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colors and look at the sentiment - how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card,lovely bright colours and great sentiment...Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft,hope to see you next time...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card! Great image and lovely details! Thanks for joining my challenge over at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous with fabulous colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card CG, I like the colours, the hearts and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!!!! Love everything about this!!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with the SSDS challenge this week! Hope you join again soon!
    Tammy, SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.