Monday, February 13, 2012

Shopping my Stash with MelJen's Designs + CPS Day 12

I bet you're getting tired of me bragging, but I'm on a roll! Well, who could resist the Jug Band set from Bonibleaux Designs/Dude Time Doodles that won my card a top 3 spot at Shopping Our Stash's People Who Need People challenge?! The boys are very excited, and egged me to make a last-minute card for their current challenge. Although the challenge is officially Valentine's themed, we also have the option of using one of their sponsor's images instead, and I just had to use my newly-acquired Robot Boy digi from Meljen's Designs! I wanted to make this a boy's birthday card for Card Cupid's February Drive, so no hearts, just a lot of love:

CPS Sketch #118
Oh, and you didn't think I'd pass up the opportunity to use another sketch from the CPS 5th Anniversary Celebration did you?! Today's it's Day 12, Sketch #118! (All my cards for the CPS Celebration are archived here.)
The shiny K.I. Memories papers are from my stash; actually, I took them from my mom's stash in Arizona, so they went a long way to make this card! I printed the sentiment (a freebie from MelJen's; Thank you!) directly onto the star paper, then paper-pieced the balloons and tiny stars on top (that I printed on white and colored with my Copics, same as the main image). I filled the sentiment in and added detail with gel and glitter pens.

The two stars on the bottom right are actually punched out; the punched pieces are the red stars on the top left. The lavender flower brad in the middle star has been in my stash for at least 4 years!

Happy unbirthday to you all!


3 comments:

  1. YAY for winning last week and YAY for using so much stash!

    Thanks for joining us again at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey CONGRATULATIONS of winning. what a cute, bright papers you have used. image is perfect for boys :). I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute is that?!? I adore all the bright colors with your image! Your card is sure to make someone's day special!

    Thanks for joining in my CPS challenge day! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.