Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Playin' with Lili of the Valley

Mom ordered some stamps & images from Lili of the Valley, and they've made a nice little stop at my house first! I couldn't resist playing with the stamps; they are so lovely and so much fun to color. And Mom, let's not forget to check out their 2011 Christmas sets (link will open in a new window)!

I just had to try my hand at the following challenges:I also tried my hand at an idea Mom shared some time ago: making a detachable charm out of Shrink plastic. As they say, if all else fails do as your mother told you in the first place! So this time, I sanded one side of the plastic before stamping and coloring. Actually, I stamped the image onto the smoother side with StazOn, and colored the rough side with Copics before shrinking with my heat tool. This is something I'll have to practice, but the result sure is cute! Click on the image to enlarge.
Stamps: Merry Christmas A5 set by Lili of the Valley, Fiskars
Paper: Recollections, Brazzill, Hammermill
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch, Fiskars papercutter, Sizzix Texture Boutique

Other: ZipDry glue, ZIG glue pen, ATYOU Spica glitter pen, brads from Around the Block & Oriental Trading Co., shrink-plastic, Versamark, StazOn & Memento inks, English Christmas gift wrap ribbon (thanks Sandra!), Recollections flocking
Copics: E17, BV02, BV000, BV00, B63, BV04, R37, R35, RV04, G99, YG03, YG63, Y17, E35, C-1, B00, BG000, E13,RV02, E000

7 comments:

  1. Such a great take on our sketch! I love your image and it is so wonderfully colored! Thanks for playing at Critter Sketch this week!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun image! And your coloring is fab too! Thanks for joining us at the ColorLab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and talented mum and daughter team you are... Love your artwork.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card & I love that adorable LOTV image. You coloured it perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image and you have colored her up adorably, great card! Thanks for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! It was a great sketch, wasn't it? Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute way to use the colors. Thanks for joining us at ColorLab.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.