Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Two for Tuesday Trio

I was so inspired by Tuesday Trio Challenge #81 (Sketch & Paper Distressing theme) that I made two cards! Sadly, I missed the deadline (stupid Internet outage), but I'm happy with the results and am entering the first into the In the Sea Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.


Inspiration:
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: In the Sea
Tuesday Trio Challenge #81: Sketch & Paper Distressing
Stamps: Make a Splash set from Raisin Boat, Inkadinkado, Hero Arts
Paper: Core'dinations, Brazzil, Hammermill
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Tim Holtz scissors & paper distresser, Marvy Heat tool
Other: Versamark, StazOn & Memento inks, ZipDry & Tacky glues, stash eyelet, stash baker's twine, Shrink plastic, needle & thread


For my second card, I used paper that I had hand-stamped forever ago for the background. I stamped the "splash" onto white paper, and also heat-embossed it in blue on a blue ribbon. The sentiment is a stamp I bought some time ago but hadn't used...I colored it by sponging ink onto the letters. I like the result, but it was difficult to give myself permission to color outside the lines! The flowers are made with a Stampin' Up! punch & a scrap of yellow paper from Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack. The centers are brads.

Inspiration:
Tuesday Trio Challenge #81: Sketch & Paper Distressing
Stamps: Make a Splash set from Raisin Boat, Inkadinkado

Paper: Core'dinations, Brazzil, Hammermill, Recollections
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Tim Holtz scissors & paper distresser, Marvy Heat tool & punch, sewing machine, Stampin' Up! flower punch
Other: Versamark & Memento inks, ZipDry & Tacky glues, stash brad



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining our "In the Sea" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful creation for our theme of "In the Sea" at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. Thank yo for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is one very beautiful card, fabulous image and colour theme, its just perfect for our challenge this week,

    Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 149 In The Sea
    I hope you join us again next week,

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the abstract design of this. it looks beautiful & so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Love the shades of blue on the first one...and the shells are a great touch!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.