Blog Candy Alert: I'm celebrating my 8th year of blogging!
Join my celebrations here.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

For the love of School Supplies

Bugaboo stamps recently celebrated 400 followers on Crafters Digital Art Center (CDAC) by sharing a couple wonderful freebies -- thank you! -- and I decided to have my own celebration & make a card with them for Bugaboo's Wacky Wednesday Challenge at CDAC.

I had lots of inspiration for this card, best explained with a bulleted list:

  1. Bugaboo CDAC Wacky Wednesday Challenge #17
    • Paper-Piercing: I used nine papers to paper-piece the two images (didn't seem like so many, really! I used mostly scraps)
    • Faux Stitching: I digitally designed the background pieces with dotted lines, so all I had to do was poke out the holes with my awl & draw the faux stitching with a dark green gel pen
  2. Sketch n Stash #69
    • I rotated the sketch 90 degrees counter-clockwise
    • Neglected stash: I used some graph-themed and patterned papers plus keyboard-letter brads I've been saving for quite some time
  3. Use it Tuesday Challenge #14
    • Back to School theme
    • Hoarded supplies: I ventured into the attic & rescued some very cool paper: a sheet of actual Crayola-brand crayon wrappers that my husband got for me at a local printer's

Inspiration:
Sketch n Stash #69
Use it Tuesday Challenge #14: Back to School
Bugaboo Wacky Wednesday CDAC Challenge #17: Paper-Piercing & Faux Stitching

Stamps: CDAC 400 Follower Freebies by Bugaboo Stamps, Verve Stamps, the Paper Studio

Paper: Hammermill, Core'dinations, Recollections, Five&Dime
Tools: Tim Holtz paper distresser, awl, Fiskars papercutter & punch, MS scissors, Marvy punch & heat tool, Recollections punch, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign
Other: Tacky glue, Elmer's gel pen, stash twine, Around the Block brads, Stampendous embossing powder, Versamark watermark ink

4 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

Love the crayon wrapper paper. Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday-Haven DT

Chrissie said...

Such a fabulous card and I love what you did with our sketch!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
lol Chrissie xx

~@ngie~ said...

such a fantastic card... I love the image & the papers :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good Luck :)

hugz Angie xXx

papillon said...

what a great card! love how you combined the background papers and how their colors pop! and what a great work on coloring the stamps! a perfect entry for our Use It Tuesday challenge! thanks for playing along :)))