Sunday, July 15, 2012

Triple Word Score!

You may remember, way back in April, how I claimed that I was going to make one CAS card a week...well, here's my second one-layer CAS card, ha!

Mom called me some time back and asked if I could use a bag a old Scrabble pieces. Why yes, I replied. I don't know what I'll do with them, but I'm sure I'll think of something! Well, here is...something!

I was inspired by the One Layer / 3 of something Challenge at Less is More, as well as the Clean & Simple / Wordsmith Challenge at The Paper Players. I used Clean & Simple Sketch #199.

I was concerned that the tiles would count as extra layers...but I looked through Less Is More's One-Layer cards from the past, and it looks like embellishments are used... I know it's not a perfect one-layer card, but I sure had fun!

I used masking and TH Vintage Photo distress ink to create the border. The sentiment is from a Unity stamp set; I just inked the "Missing" part of the full "Missing You" stamp, and then heat-embossed it in brown.

This was super-simple, but I do really like the result. Thanks for the inspiration!

15 comments:

  1. I love your card too, but the tiles could be construed as added layers... or are they embellishments?
    Tricky question!
    Super CAS design however!
    Thank you.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! What a perfect way to translate this challenge! So fun! Thanks for playing with my Wordsmith challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun!!! Love the scrabble pieces! Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOO COOL!!! I think I may need some Scrabble tiles--this is fabulous!!! I invite you to come and join me at Technique Tuesday--I would love to see your creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 16, 2012

    Love it! It is a CAS with tons of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty lovely.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS card and you found the perfect use for the letter tiles. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to keep on the lookout for someone throwing away scrabble games...this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't you lucky that your Mom shared the Scrabble tiles! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...it's a great idea - i love this card.

    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool card, but slightly tenuous as to being one layer
    LOVE it however!

    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less si More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those scrabble pieces look FAB arranged the way you've designed them - this is sure to bring a smile to the recipient! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.