Friday, September 19, 2014

Booty Shaker - Talk Like a Pirate Day

Today (September 19) is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and for some reason I get a real kick out of this new tradition. I've made Pirate-themed cards for the past few years, and this year I had lots of fun participating in today's Talk Like Pirate Blog Hop.

I've received many positive comments on my star-themed ATC shaker, so I used the same technique to make a pirate-treasure-themed shaker ATC:
click to enlarge
The treasure chest is cut from shiny gold & brown papers using cut files from KLDezign. I filled the chest with spots of gold & silver liquid pearls and put it on a a blue, metallic-coated paper.

The wood-patterned paper is backed with the same textured, brown cardstock I used for the porthole frame. I glued some scrap plastic onto it and popped it up with foam tape. The frame is decorated with a silver pen.

The ridiculous sentiment was set in the Snidely font and heat-embossed in gold on shiny black paper. I cut it with a banner die and lined it with a gold-leaf pen.

The seashell is cut/embossed from a lager can. I wrapped the ATC with a brown raffia and added some fishing net.

I'm entering this project into the "Pirate Day" challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas.

Thank ye for visiting,



4 comments:

  1. Neat with the gold heat embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shake your booty?!?! FUN!!

    Great project! :) Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very fun. Thanks for playing with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty project!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.