Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Sketchy Transportation

I've enjoyed playing along with Taylored Expressions' Share Joy challenge over the years, so I definitely wanted to join their 9th Birthday Bash! This penny slider card features their Little Bits "Transportation" die set.

I used some papers that I've been hoarding to use with these dies. The striped paper & red "road" are from Cosmo Cricket's "Social Club" collection; the color combo is so unusual but works somehow! It goes well with the arrow-patterned paper from Pebbles, Inc., and the chalkboard "road" tape that I bought at Michaels recently. I created the circular penny slider portion with Spellbinders circle dies., and used thick cardboard to pop the raised portions. The sentiment on the truck is a Tim Holtz rub-on, the sign sentiment is fussy-cut from a patterned paper, and the small arrows are cut from a scrap of the backing paper with a Taylored Expressions die from their "Build a Scene - Calendar" set. The cars are made from thin cardboard & tin foil. I'm planning on sending this to my BFF.

https://tayloredexpressions.com/blog/blog/2017/08/31/te-9th-birthday-sketch-challenge/
Inspiration/Challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams: Patterned Paper
Share Joy Challenge: Sketch


Thanks for stopping by,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.