Monday, February 28, 2011

Namaste

Therese Travis of PaperFacesDesigns makes custom digi stamps, and she recently created a gorgeous one for fellow PFD DT member Jeannie. I was so excited about Angel Judy that Therese shared it with me. It comes in two versions: an SVG cut file and a digi stamp.

Jeannie used the image to create incredible, incredible gifts for her friend Judy. Please, please take a moment to read her post and learn more about the origin of this image.

Incredible, right‽ I also love what she says about religion; right on.

So I took the image and acted like I didn't know the backstory. Several years ago, my family was blessed to attend a wedding in Bangalore, India, so I channeled that experience to create a card for my mom. Man, shopping in India was SO FUN. Everything was bright, detailed, feminine, comfortable (although wearing a sari takes a fair amount of skill, so we stuck with the "pajama" styles). One of the most moving experiences for me was the appearance of Puja spaces in every home.

For the card itself, I was inspired by a lovely sheet of decorative paper I had in my stash (the wings, circles, and flower cut-out) and the fun sketch at Midnight Madness. I used mostly scraps.

Inspiration: Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #92

Supplies: Core'dinations, Hammermill and Recollections cardstocks (plus scraps from my stash), MS detailing scissors, ZipDry glue, HP printer & ink, Fiskars papercutter and texturing plate & tool, bone folder, emery board, InkItUp! and ColorBox inks, Michaels brads, Sakura Gelly Roll and Elmer's gel pens

Copic markers:
skin: E11, E33, E51, E02
hair: E17, E47, E35
sari: RV21, RV23, RV04
shirt: RV21, R02, RV42
sash: V06, RV21

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lori - it is great having you join us at MMSC this week! Love this card - your image is lovely and beautifully inspired! The colours are so summery and just make me smile! This is a great take on this weeks sketch! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love to see you and appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
    Valerie
    PriscillaStyles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, and what a great story too, I enjoyed reading your post,
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.