Friday, February 11, 2011

V.D. Cootie-Catcher

Last week, I was moved to purchase the PhotoShop-ready Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher template by Creations by Julie. I've made them before, which is why I knew that $2 was a steal. The template is easy to use, if you understand Layers, so I was able to insert a digi paper pattern right into it. I've never used digi paper before, but I fell in love with the Cardscrapper's free set, especially the heart-circles. Love the blue! I put the "paper" behind the text at 60% opacity, and printed it at full opacity on the reverse side of the cardstock. I didn't change the text this time, but the font is PupCat, a freebie, so you can grab it if you don't have it.

Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher template by Creations by Julie for Gingerscraps

Digi stamps by PaperFacesDesigns: Angel Anna, Angel Chelsea, Angel Teaghan, and I heart U couple

Digi paper: Lollipop Press Blog Hop Rak - Page 027 by Natacha Diemer (FREEBIE!)



The day after I purchased this template, I was asked to whip up something for the MFA/Creative Writing & Publishing Arts program at UB to use at the AWP 2011 conference (the Association of Writers and Writing Programs). Nothing major, just something cheap, unique, and memorable. I live for this kind of project, and am very lucky to be able to do this kind of stuff. I whipped together this cootie-catcher. I'm not sure if they were used, but I wanted to share it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so awesome! Love how you cut out the angel wings! Can I share this on my blog sometime?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.