Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can I resist / 4 challenges

Thanks to the generous comments on my recent stamping/sponging endeavor, I'm feeling pretty jazzed and ready for a new challenge! Or, in this case, four challenges. What can I say, I wanted a lot of inspiration! And I sure got a wonderful bunch:
  1. Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #50: Emboss Resist Technique
  2. All Things Unity Challenge #28: Unity/{ippity} stamps + Buttons
  3. Color Throwdown #136: Orange, Soft Sky, Kraft
  4. Critter Sketch Challenge #59: Fancy Folds

I really enjoyed making my first Center Step card last week, and I thought the fold would look really good with the {ippity} stamps I won from CPS/Banu. Love these stamps.

I probably should've done the emboss/resist on white paper, but I really wanted the kraft-y paper to come through (I'm out of real kraft, so I used Core'dinations to match the other papers). I do adore this technique; you just stamp it with watermark ink and clear-emboss it. After you apply the ink (I use cheap-o makeup sponges), just wipe off the stamp with a papertowel. And it really really works! The actual stamping portion of this card only took about 10 minutes.

I stamped the flowers in blue & orange onto the "kraft" paper, clear-embossed them, cut them out and sewed them, along with little flower buttons, onto the orange paper. It was a freakin' miracle that I happened to have matching thread. Wow! I also pulled out my fancy corner punch and a border punch (for the inside details), which always make things look good. I made this card for a friend's daughter, who just had shoulder surgery; I don't know her personally, but she's about my age so I made something I'd like!

Center Step card tutorial: Creative Moments with Sandy

Supplies: Regal Greetings set by {ippity} Stamps, Core'dinations glimmer cardstock, Stampendous clear detail embossing powder, ColorBox inks, Versamark Watermark ink, Martha Stewart detailing scissors and border punch, Fiskars papercutter and corner punch, ZipDry glue, Marvy heat tool, thread by Coats & Clark, needle, emery board

Update 4/20/11: This card made the top three for All Things Unity Challenge #28. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. What cheerful colours and superb resist embossing. Am sure your friend's daughter will love it and it WILL surely cheer her up.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the resist! Lots of nice detail here. Thank you for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. Love how you combined all the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH! What a beautiful card--love the technique you used and the combo of challenges:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun over at ATU!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Just wow & I really like your color combo. You go girl!! Thank you for playing with us over at ATU!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.