Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stampin' Dymonz Grand Give-A-Way: Nostalgic Tag

Today's the first day of the Tim Times Ten Grand Give-A-Way Challenge at Stampin' Dymonz's, and I'm going to try to do all ten tag challenges. I have many thins on my plate this coming week, so having a tag to make will keep me crafting without getting TOO distracted...that's the theory, anyway!

To make my life easier over the next 10 days, I cut templates for a 3-layer tag. It's very easy to do in SCAL, but if want to use my version you can download it here.

Today's challenge is "Nostalgic Tag", so I pulled out my Tim Holtz paper for inspiration. There's a page of old recipes, so I decided to make an apple-pie-themed tag.

I used an apple stamp from my stash, and colored it with copics; WOW that came out so good! I distressed the edges of the tags and added Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink as well.


The secondary challenge for today is to use the Tearing Technique, so I whipped out my Deckle Tear Edger and made a strip from a different part of the recipe paper. So fun!

I hadn't really thought about it before, but every side of my family has a traditional apple pie. Well okay, on Mom's side it's a tradition of buying a really good pie, but it's a tradition nonetheless! My Grandpa-in-law eats his with cheddar cheese; his daughter makes the most simple and delicious version; and my paternal aunt makes a gooey and glorious one.

Okay, where's the pie?!

3 comments:

Terry Oulboub said...

Oh how cute - love the paper and gorgeous apple stamp! Very nostalgic! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Dymonz "Tim Times Ten Grand Giveaway! " ;-)

Ms_Dee said...

You are right...The stamps and copic did come out very nice....How clever...Very nice tag....TFS

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A lovely tag, making that has bought back memories for you. That's what nostalgia is to me. Thankyou for sharing this at Stampin Dymonz Creative Space Timx10 challenge. Goodluck