Sunday, May 8, 2011

Stampin' Dymonz Grand Give-A-Way: Tag Brag Book

It's day 10 of the Tim Times Ten Grand Give-A-Way Challenge at the Stampin' Dymonz blog; well, actually today's day 11, but Dymonz has kindly given us a few extra hours today to finish our final project:
  • make a Brag Book of the nine tags that you have created over the last nine days
  • must be bound
  • tags must be in the order in which they were created
  • display/provide the recipe for each tag
  • at least one cut from a die-cutting device
  • a cover with a sentiment and an image stamp and the acrylic paint resist technique

Okay, asking me to make a book is sort of like asking an intern to alphabetize the files: whatever the end result, at least you've kept me busy for an extended length of time! Looking over the Official Rules, I realized that at some point I forgot about the "Tim Holtz" look; I really didn't mean to, I just don't have a great understanding for his style yet and tend to get a little overzealous once an idea pops into my head. But I'm really just participating for the fun of it, and for the personal challenge. Be sure to check out everyone's projects; I'm truly in awe!

I just had to make a piano-hinge book for the tags. If you know me, you'll understand. This is also an easy-peasy way to create interior pockets: just glue the edges of the pages. I whipped up some tags with the recipes in InDesign, something I love to do, and InDesign makes it so fast. Couldn't help but make the bullets little diamonds!

I must admit that the recipe for the cover gave me some trouble: it must contain a sentiment and an image stamp and the acrylic paint resist technique. Um, I've never heard of the acrylic paint resist technique. I do enjoy the emboss/resist technique, but the acrylic paint is a much different medium than distress ink! The only acrylic paint I have is a Cranberry Paint Dabber that I got in a Blog Candy bundle...from Stampin' Dymonz! Thank you! I also have her to thank for introducing me to the bolder colors of Distress Inks, with the Marigold ink pad that came in the same candy.

I pulled out my letter stamps, and they were a breeze to use. Thanks to a nice big block, I was able to stamp "Tim x Ten" with one press, after inking with three colors of distress inks. Then, I restamped it with Watermark ink and clear-embossed it. I masked the image stamp, and after the piece was dry I colored it with Copics. This just seemed like the perfect stamp!

6 comments:

  1. Oh My CG ...I absolutely love this technique but have never attempted it..Sure would like the instructions or if you can direct me to a youtube video...Sure would appreciate it......This is a great way to display your tags....Love it....TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I have never seen this piano hinge technique! What a great way to finish the challenge with a BANG! Thanks for playing along! I hope you had fun and were inspired! Visit the www.StampinDymonzScrapShack.info often for more challenges!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool binding...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this book. I need to know how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Love your binding technique! I had never heard of the acrylic paint resist technique either, but half the fun for me was learning and trying new things throughout the challenges! Your tags and book are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a way to bound the book. I will have to search out how to do that. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.