Blog Candy Alert: I'm celebrating my 8th year of blogging!
Join my celebrations here.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sentimental Shaker for Scrapmaster's Paradise

Not only did I have the honor of my card being chosen for the 100th Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo Challenge, I was invited to Guest Design for their 105th challenge. Hope you will join in this week!

Naturally I wanted to use the fantastic stamps I won, but there were so many possibilities! I finally settled on the Round Sentiments set, plus the two Little Birdie digi stamps the Scrapmaster also sent. I also used some of the fab Echo Park paper I bought from her.

I honestly tried to keep this simple. I created the cut-outs in SCAL, but cut the rest of the pieces on my papercutter (and fussy-cut the birdie border). The final card size is 6x4, and I used 6x6 paper, so added a piece to make 8 inches, and covered the seam with a ribbon.

I made sections with foam pop-tape so that each circle contains a different flower mix. The flowers & inside message section (see below) were punched using a floral Martha Stewart border/corner punch set. I love how many flowers I get! The flowers are made of a white paper that I inked with matching orange & green on opposite sides. I edged the foam with the Chinese Orange Copic.

Inspiration:
Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo #105: Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake

Tutorials (Splitcoaststampers):
Easel card
Shaker card

Stamps by
SP & Company: Round Sentiments I set, Little Birdie #1, Little Birdie #2
Paper:
Dots & Stripes from Echo Park, Hammermill, Recollections, acetate from stash
Tools: SCAL & Cricut
, InDesign, HP printer & ink, Sizzix Texture Boutique, Martha Stewart border/corner punches & detailing scissors, Fiskars papercutter
Other: ZipDry glue, Recollections & Scotch foam tapes,
Offray ribbon, AtYou Spica pen
Inks: Memento, CraftSmart, Stampin' Up!
Copics: YR09, YR04, YG63, YG03

6 comments:

Dawnll said...

What a fun design and beautiful papers.
blessings to you, Dawn ll

suzARTe said...

thanks so much for sharing the lovely haiku on my blog.

I love this bright and happy card, orange and green are amongst my favourite colours, love your work :) :)

suzARTe said...

Hi CG,
there is a little something for you on my blog, come by to collect your little gift :)

Priyanka said...

what a idea,lovely.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lovely

Anonymous said...

I really liked the card and how the flowers become shakers themselves. The color combo is so cheerie. It made me smile. Mom