Blog Candy Alert: I'm celebrating my 8th year of blogging!
Join my celebrations here.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dude Time Doodles November Holidays Challenge

I'm so excited to be a guest designer for the month of November at Dude Time Doodles! They are such a fun and talented group.

This week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles is
November's Special Days
(pick one)
:
  • World Hello Day (Nov. 21)
  • U.S. Thanksgiving (Nov. 24)
  • Stay at Home Because You are Well (Nov. 30)
Hope you'll join us!

I chose Thanksgiving, so that I could use Ted Tightend & Paul Pilgrim from Dude Time Doodles. I made a "Pigskin Time" sentiment to play on the traditional ham & football so many of us enjoy on that day!

I made a horizontal Notch Swing Card (my vertical notch swing card & SVG templates available here), so that images can take turns being in front! I paper-pieced them, and used Copics to add details. I added some football-like hand-stitching. It's really very simple, and looks so good! The patterned papers are embossed Black Magic Core'dinations; one is a light yellow + black, and the other is light brown + black. The interior paper is a DP I had in my stash...those swirls are kinda pig-tail-y, right?!
And the back:

Stamps: Ted Tightend & Paul Pilgrim from Dude Time Doodles, front sentiment generated with Chinchilla font, interior sentiment stamp from Fiskars, leaf stamps from stash
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Cricut, SCAL, HP printer & ink, Tim Holtz paper distresser, sandpaper, Sizzix Texture Boutique & embossing plate, Cuttlebug embossing plate, awl, needle, Marvy heat tool, Martha Stewart detail scissors
Paper: Core'dinations, Recollections, Hammermill
Embellishments: Copic markers, Offray ribbon, Recollections brads, ZING embossing powder, nameplate from stash


9 comments:

Linda said...

CG your cards are amazing. I love them both equally and the colours you have used are fabulous.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

I love, love your card! Great idea to make a swing card for Thanksgiving highlighting what the holiday is about!

Anne Temple said...

Fantastic!! Love this flip card; such a great idea. Welcome to the team as gdt this month.

Dawn said...

Love your swing card CG, you did a fab job on it! Great to have you on the team!!
Yay you sussed me!!!lol
Hugs
Dawn xx

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous, cg! Love that swing card. Now I need a tutorial on how to make one. Great sentiment and I love all the laces!

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a great swing card CG, I like both images and the papers.
Kevin xx

Michelle B. said...

Wow, truly amazing and brilliant! Your cards are so creative, well done!

Tante K├Ąthe said...

Wow, this is so smart, love them both!

Majo

Ira said...

Awesome cards, both of them! Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment, I so appreciate this. Greetz from the Netherlands, Ira