Blog Candy Alert: I'm celebrating my 8th year of blogging!
Join my celebrations here.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pilin' on the Digi Paper

This week at Pile It On! we're challenging you to use Digi Paper and/or a Pre-colored Digi Stamp. We're sponsored by StitchyBear's Digi Outlet, so I used Coosty Creations' Zebra digi stamp & paper pack to create this funky card:
click images to enlarge
Okay, I have to admit something here: Even though I'm one of the sponsor coordinators at Pile It On! and actually chose this theme, I managed to completely run out of color printer ink & couldn't fit the purchase in before this card was due, so I chose to work with this black-and-white digi paper set.

Working from the black-and-white palette, I incorporated neon ribbon, buttons, and patterned papers as well as a neon-orange embossed version of the Zebra digi stamp. I printed the digi onto a shiny white paper, heat-embossed it, and added detail is a black gel pen.


I haven't done paper-weaving in quite some time, but I was inspired to try this technique again from a beautiful card fellow crafter Ike recently sent me.

I used a neon orange gel pen to add some hand-drawn detail to the inside message section.

Challenges/Inspiration:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts December Challenge: Buttons
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Anything goes
Scrappy Hands Challenge #29: Squares
Seems a Little Sketchy: Sketch
Sparkle N Sprinkle January Challenge: Embossing Powder, Etc.


Thank you for visiting & inspiring my crafting! Hope you'll join us at Pile It On,

3 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Wow this looks amazing! Loving those bright neon colors! So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Mimi said...

OOOO wickedly awesome CG, I am so glad you printer ran out of ink lol. Just love your creativity with the Zebra pack, a really wonderful creation. Thank you so much for using a Coosty Creations product. Big hugs Jane xxxxx

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January - hope to see you again soon. x