Monday, October 27, 2014

Trick-Or-Treat Tree

I couldn't resist purchasing the Silhouette cut file Maple tree - four seasons by Suzanne Cannon. It's a great set and you can do a lot with it. I decided to make an Autumn/Halloween card, with a bit of an interactive element.

I welded two of the leaves in my Silhouette software to make the little flapped leaves. I stamped small "tricks" and "treats" onto the inside of those leaves, using tiny stamps from my stash.


The Trick-Or-Treat sentiment is a large Fiskars stamp that I stamped onto Shrinky-dink plastic, cut out with deckle scissors, and shrunk in my toaster oven. I used an actual stick for its post.

I added some inks to all the pieces, and backed it onto a very glittery black cardstock. The card base is a Kraft paper with notched corners.

I'm sending this to our niece & I hope she enjoys finding the little surprises!


Challenges: 
Cards und More #117: Leaves + Stamping
Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party by Craftin Desert Divas: Brown & Orange
Creative Cutting Challenge: Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #344: Trick or Treat


Thank you for visiting,

4 comments:

mum of two said...

How fabulous! I had to go buy the file before I commented, and I love the interactive leaves. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Brown and Orange Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us for "Anything Goes" over at Creative Cutting Challenge.
Cindy
DT Leader

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is soo fun !!!! Great design CG !!! I am so happy you joined us at Craftin' Desert Divas !!!! I really hope you share more of your wonderful projects with us !!!
Hugs,
Mayra

Nanne said...

Oh wow.. This is amazing.. I love your card..
Thanks for sharing this with us at Craftin Desert Divas
Nanné CCD DTM