Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Po'grrl Magic Picture Card

I tried my hand at a "Magic" or "Changing Picture" card, per the handy directions at SplitCoastStampers, but I don't have a good way to print/stamp onto acetate. I could have waited until this weekend, when I could pick up some transparency paper, but I didn't wanna.
So I made this version, which doesn't require marking on the acetate. And, like a good Po'boy sandwich, it winded up being relatively expensive and complicated, but Oh! so worth it.

I used Therese Travis's Decorative Cat digi stamp (
now available on Etsy!), and actually "printed" the image with Cricut markers on my Cricut Expression. I think it adds a "stamped" feeling.
To do something like this yourself, import your digi stamp image file into SCAL, size it, and then make a copy and apply "blackout". Ta-da, instant mask!


At first, I was just going to use bright colors, but then I saw the Midweek Throwdown Halloween Challenge at the Operation Write Home (OWH) blog and just had to make the card for this challenge. So much fun!


Supply list: Cricut personal cutter, Cricut marker, SCAL software,
Recollections card stock, Grafix clear craft plastic, JoAnn essentials eyelet, Offray ribbon, Sharpie markers, Crop-A-Dile 2, Zip-Dry glue. PaperFaces digi stamps: Decorative Cat.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome cards....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat cards! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are very cool! I'm soooo wanting to get some sort of cutter and these just make me want to even more. Hmmm... Christmas is coming. Thanks for posting at Operation Write Home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cow! this is great. you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.