Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A lotus in my palm


This little piano-hinge book was inspired by my cousin Lisa, who shared a lovely quote from the Buddha with me when I was looking for another book idea . . .

seven truths
from
the Buddha

“Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.”

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”

“Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.”

“In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.”

“The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.”

“It is better to travel well than to arrive.”

If I didn't understand that last one when I began making this book, I certainly did by the end.

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous book, and wonderful photography. You do great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.