Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our own personalized sundial


While challenging myself with the new Tuesday Trio sketch, I saw that my PaperFacesDesigns co-DT member, Jeannie of The Polka Cabana, is one of their newest team members! Congratulations...to all of you!

As a personal celebration, I used the sketch as an excuse to try out this incredibly awesome online tool my husband discovered: a printable, personalized sundial generator! It's as easy and fantastic as it sounds. You just plug in your address (anywhere in the world) and it uses Google Maps to find your house and calculate the sun's direction in relation. Then you can download and print a PDF (I converted it into a JPEG and resized it).

And I did some stamping and detailing by hand too, to make it more exciting.


Sketch: Tuesday Trio Challenge #39
Sundial element: Customized Sundials by
Damia Soler
Supplies: Staples cardstock, Recollections cardstock, ZipDry glue, HP printer & ink, Tim Holtz scissors, Fiskars corner punch, ColorBox ink, Sakura Gelly Roll pens, stash patterned paper (K&Company, I think?), clear stamp by Alys Paterson for Quick Cards Made Easy


This card made the top three for Tuesday Trio Challenge #39.

4 comments:

  1. How did I miss this? This is a WONDERFUL card!! You did a great job! Thanks for the Congratulations! I see the blinkie on your wall!! I need to get that on my wall too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card! How positively creative! I like that you can personalize it to your location. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that? What a neat idea! Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Trio!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.