Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stampin' Up!

Even though I already made something for SP Color Combo Challenge #70, I wanted to take a another shot at it. I liked the challenge of the color combo of black, gray and olive. I started by pulling out a Stampin' Up! panda stamp that Mom had given me, and then decided to add a bamboo cutting file element that I'd designed for an ongoing project. I used a small flower stamp to decorate a pretty olive-colored shimmer cardstock. The paper has a slick yet fabric-y texture and I like how the stamp came out on it. I cut the bamboo on gray paper and traced it with a gel pen. I used the same pen to add more flowers on the frame (made & cut in SCAL2). Since I've been making magic picture cards, I made the little guy move! I love it when it's hiding behind the bamboo...



Inspiration: SP Color Combo Challenge #70: basic black, basic gray and old olive
Supplies: Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Recollections cardstock, K&Company pre-cut card, DCWV metallic green cardstock, ZipDry glue, stash eyelet, Offray ribbon, Tim Holtz scissors, Grafix clear craft plastic, Stampin' Up! 2001 Panda rubber stamp, StazOn ink, Sakura Gelly Roll pens, clear flower stamp by Alys Paterson for Quick Cards Made Easy

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas with the colors this week. Thanks for joining us at SPCC.
    Gena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SPCC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.