Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ravens everywhere!

So this morning I decided to make something for this week's Fresh Brewed and Midnight Madness challenges, so I ask my Baby for advice, and he said, Ravens. Perfect, I thought. I'll do something Halloweeny but kinda grown-up, as is the MM sketch. I was envisioning raven cutouts, but ended up making a broadside with the first 8 stanzas of The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. Living in Baltimore, both have become synonymous with Halloween.


However, as I finished up this pretty purple poem I realized that the Ravens were playing the Patriots. Oh, I thought.
Those Ravens. Perhaps the color challenge of purple and black, which I had told Baby, is related to all of this. What? I like the color combo, regardless of our home football team's famous colors.
I finished the first project just in time to watch a very exciting overtime in the Ravens game. The Patriots won 23-20, but Ray Lewis always makes me swell with as much team pride as I'll ever manage to swell with. So, I made this ridiculous 3x3 card for the clean&simple sketch #112:


The image on the left is supposed to be "offense", like "off [the grass]" + "fence". What? The only thing I know about football is that a great defense is worth nothing without a good offense. And I didn't want to leave anybody out.

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a clever way to display your poem! Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness.
    Denise
    MMDT
    I have blog candy available if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully laid out. I love the way you displayed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been quite busy!! WOW! Love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.