Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Sketchy Sentiment

Since I had all my stamps out anyway, I decided to try to complete two more challenges, both of which have sorta stumped me this week: Aud Sentiments #13 (Anything That Has To Do With A Baby) and Midnight Madness Sketch #76. It all finally fell together with this cute stamp, which I haven't been able to use as of yet.
I stamped the whole image onto two different purples, cut out the squares from one, and then used pop-dots (or "sticky fixers") to to create a 3D effect. I especially enjoyed how well this method worked to "button" the ribbon to the card. I used a fun balloon font for the sentiment, which I printed on a lavender cardstock. The lavender didn't show up well next to the other purples, however, so I jazzed it up by spreading lavender glitter glue on it. I had this pretty flower-print paper in my stash, and it worked as both the second layer and the card itself. It's so sparkly in person!

Inspiration: Aud Sentiments #13:
"Anything That Has To Do With A Baby"; Midnight Madness Sketch #76
Supplies: Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Recollections cardstock, DCWV cardstock, ZipDry glue, Offray ribbon, Tim Holtz scissors,HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Party Balloons typeface by PizzaDude, Kristen Powers for Stampotique rubber stamp, StazOn ink, Sakura Gelly Roll pens, Stickles glitter glue

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I love what you did with the layout. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our October monthly drawing going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable baby card. Love the soft colors and the cute little images. Beautiful background paper. Nicely done!
    Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
    Denise
    MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute babycard! Lovely colors and great dimensions!


    Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

    Hugs
    Gunn
    MMSCDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card, love everything about it.....thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments this time. Good luck!
    Love and hugs
    Susan and Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute baby card with those little squares! pretty dp and ribbon. Nice take on the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along with us this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love the layout! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at Aud Sentiments! Hope you'll join us again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.