Saturday, October 16, 2010

Paisley Birdies Card

I took a week's break from cardblogging and I feel like I've been away for months! I'll never get over the energy and talent out in the scrapworld...
To get myself back in the swing, I pulled out a paisley frame SCAL file I created early this year and used it to make little birdies. My mom saw the idea in PaperCraft inspirations and this was a really fun way to refresh my old pattern. Basically, you stick an eye on a paisley, and the result is really striking. For extra inspiration I turned to the Color Throwdown #114: poppy parade, chocolate chip, pear pizzaz, and so saffron. How can I have so much paper and never quite the color I want? But I do like how the colors come together.


Challenge: Color Throwdown #114
Original Paisley element: The Quilling Patch (thank you!!!)
Final Paisley frame and birdie elements: Christina Gay (If you would like this file, I'd be happy to share it with you. Email christina [at] saysomethingloudly [dot] com and I'll send you the SCAL file. And I'd love it if you could leave a comment and/or become a follower.)
Supplies: Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Recollections cardstock, ZipDry glue

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and clever idea! Love the little paisley birds! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.