Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thanks for being You

Don't you just love all the pretty & proud projects folks are making for this week's CYDI? Peacock Challenge‽ I'm so pleased to have an excuse to use this beautiful Peacock digi stamp by Gillu's Gallery.

It's so funny where your creativity takes you... I had every intention of coloring the center peacock with the bold colors we're familiar with, but once I chose my papers I decided I wanted to portray the beauty of the white peacock.


The embossed white paper is from my stash, and the peacock-patterned DP is a Graphic 45 sheet that Mom just sent me. The image is actually two pieces; I adhered the white peacock in top, after coloring everything with Copics. I created the white "feathers" by running the piece through my sticker machine and covering it with Polar White FlowerSoft. I was able to rub off all the excess to reveal a nice layer. I used an eraser to remove it from the beak, eyes and feet.

The banner is embossed/cut with a Spellbinders banner die, and I trimmed off the "furl" portion. The sentiment is a stamp from SP & Company.

Thanks for visiting, and for being you.

Inspiration/Challenges:
CYDI? Challenge 6: Pretty Peacock (Inspiration photo on left; deadline is 4/9)
The Sweet Stop Challenge #152: Sketch (below left)


2 comments:

  1. Another wow! card! I entered in the same challenge but my entry isn't anywhere near as creative as yours! Love how you did the embossed feathers and would love to see this one irl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! The fussy -cut peacock images and tree looks fabulous! Also love the textured background. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.