Thursday, May 12, 2016

Chalkboard Wisdom

I've been very lucky with winning challenges recently, including a gift certificate from DRS Designs. I got such a kick out of their "Positive Attitude Greeting" and am having tons of fun inking it up! I matched it with one of my favorite rubber stamps by Rogue Redhead Designs.


I always have fun with the inherent messiness of the Chalkboard Technique; I heat-embossed the stamps in white & added detail with a white gen pen.

I made the frame with some Popsicle sticks from desserts past; I trimmed them with a razor blade & scissors, and stained them with Vintage Photo distress ink. The little screws on the top corners (V's Sweet Ideas) were heat embossed in silver. The ribbon is from my stash. The backing paper is a slate blue cardstock.

Inspiration/Challenges:
Lessology Challenge #58: Chalkboard + Upcycled item (Popsicle sticks)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Emboss It

Update: This made the Top 3 for Lessology #58!

Thanks for stopping by,




5 comments:

  1. Ooooh...looks amazing! I love your popsicle stained frame with the embossed screws...how clever!

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE-some! Love the look of this... popsicle stick frame.. so cool! Sentiment... fantastic! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a corker of a project! I love the look of the chalkboard idea, too. And your stained popsicles sticks....FABULOUS!! So happy you joined us at LESSology this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! I love the chalkboard technique and this pretty frame. Great job! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice job on making a project that involved eating a treat first! And heat embossed screws, awesomeness! And I love that stamp with the funny saying! ROCK ON! Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.