Thursday, March 10, 2011

1 Mojo-rific sketch, 3.5 cards

I've really taken to sketch challenges, and I guess there must have been something about this week's Mojo Monday sketch because I whipped up four cards inspired by it! Well, I cut one of them the wrong way so it doesn't quite count, I guess.

Usually, the Mojo Monday challenge is just for fun and inspiration, but this week's is also a contest. They say that we can enter as many times as we like, but I'm only entering the card that's true to the sketch (the second from the left in the photo below.)




I can't seem to get the contrast right in this photo, but if you click on the image above you should be able to see more detail. I started with this sweet digi stamp by Just Some Lines, and printed it on white cardstock, as well as Core'dinations textured cardstock for the chair. Coloring the little lady with Copic markers was not so easy, let me tell you. I added shadow on the chair with the "Flesh" copic (R02), which was easy and FUN. For the stitching on the round, I decided to be bold and pierced the paper on the sewing machine without thread. It's not exactly a perfect stitch, but it's cute, I think.

Having already chosen the chair color, I found a complementary piece of designer cardstock in my stash. After a fair amount of cutting, sewing, scalloping and border punching, I'm quite taken with the result. I never would have added the little "bookplate" element if not for this sketch, and it adds so much. For the lower-right decorative element, I used SCAL and Cricut to cut out "dream." I used Cricut markers to "print" the letters before cutting. For the little flower, I pulled out another one from my stash. Love that!

Digi stamp: Emo Amber Reads by Just Some Lines
Fonts: Curlz for text; 09KutUps for scalloped circle
Copic Markers: E50, E51, RV21, R02, YR00, E11, Y08, Y02, E47, E35, G21, 0


This is my second take on the sketch, vertically. The physical stamps are from K&Co.'s Louts Flower set, which I can't get enough of. The sweet digi (frame and all) is another fabulous freebie from TLC Creations. I colored the frame part with my beloved Fluorescent Yellow Copic marker, and traced the interior flourishes with a gel pen. If we ever get sun again, I think it will really shine!

I toned down the white backgrounds with a yellowish chalk. The stamped corners are just silver ink and black paper; only took me four tries to get even images!

The brocade ribbon is quite high, so the images are elevated about a quarter an inch.

Digi stamps: Everything Wonderful and Smell the Beauty Vintage Collage by TLC Creations
Copic Markers: E50, E51, RV21, Y02, Y06, Y08, FY1, E11, E33




Inspired by my first card, I went all out with the patterned a paper on this horizontal (and backwards) take on the sketch. I sort of surprised myself with my coloring choices for this; I was just suddenly taken with the idea of her swinging through Spring... And, naturally, TLC Creations also had a perfect sentiment!

I pulled out the fabric flowers I swore I'd never have use for, and then stamped the vine directly onto the corner, which I swore I'd never risk again. Glad I that I rarely listen to myself!

Digi stamps: Vintage Day On the Swing and Let The Sunshine In by TLC Creations



And this has got to be my personal favorite... I bought the gorgeous Graphic 45 Fashionista Collection paperpack for a card swap I'm working on, and couldn't help but use a piece for this. I used the same orange from the first card, and love how it complements the patterned side. The sentiment is a cut-out stamp (well, two stamps: frame and hello). The machine zig-zag stitch came out pretty straight too!

I've had so much fun making these, and am looking to forward to sending them to someones special...

Digi stamp: Vintage How High by TLC Creations

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.