Sunday, March 6, 2011

Virtual Rainbows

Another week, another Tiddly Inks challenge! I'm so hooked. This week the theme is Color Me, meaning to use as much color as possible. I've been crushin' on Roy G. Biv for years, so I kinda surprised myself with the relatively soft color palette I ended up using.

I was intrigued by the mostly-pink-and-purple
Rainbow Forest digis that Tiddly Inks offered as a freebie through their Group on PaperCraft Planet, so I used that as a starting point. I'd purchased the Gamer digi from Tiddly Inks a bit ago, and the idea of the the "forest" being the game was too good to pass up... My husband really liked the effect, so I'm glad that I listened to my instincts and made this a wheel card. I created a circle with the forest digi in Adobe InDesign.

I used the Distressing technique for the sentiment pieces, wheel background, and the "hill" that the gamer is on. By distressing, I mean rubbing ink onto the paper with a handy wipe. WOW, that came out better than I had anticipated. In fact, the "hill" matches the printed background way better than I ever thought it could; I had planned on more contrast, but it's so pretty I couldn't not use it!

For a final touch, I sewed on a straight-stitch border in blue and orange; my machine's tension's off, so I used the the bobbin thread peeking through to my advantage.

Because I'm still not very good at shading, I wanted to fill up the T-shirt with some sort of logo...and the Human Rights Campaign logo seemed especially appropriate. What a cool kid, right



Tiddly Inks Challenge #40
: Color Me

Digi stamps & backgrounds:
Rainbow Forest and Gamer by Tiddly Inks

Supplies: HP printer & ink, Core'dinations, X-Press Copic and Hammermill cardstocks, MS detailing scissors, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, deckle scissors and finger knife, emery board, Versamark and ColorBox inks, CelebrateIt! ribbon, sentiment stamps by gstudio, sewing machine & thread, handy wipes, Michaels brad (hidden), Marvy circle punch
Copic markers:
furniture: BV08, V17, V06
shirt: B23, B05, B39, 0, FY1
jeans: B23, B05, B32, E47
skin: E35, E33, E11
hair: G21, G07, G02
dog: C-1, C-5, C-7, E50, 0

10 comments:

  1. this is AWESOME!!!! I love your eclectic design. Your gamers hair in green is FANTASTIC!

    Thanks so much for joining us at TI this week!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that is just super!! i love your total rainbow of colouring,just awesome! thank you for joining in with our challenge over on tiddly inks this week hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh -this is really awesome! Love all that color and your details are just amazing!!! Great way to think outside of the box and create a stunning work of art! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I just love all the background colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool card! I keep thinking that it would look really cool under a blacklight! LOL...if it wasn't for Roy G. Biv...I would not remember the colors of the rainbow! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card!!! thank you for joining us at tiddly inks this week.

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bright and colourful card, thanks for joining us on Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the water colour effect you have created in this card. thanks for being a Tiddlinker this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowe this is amazing! What a great idea to use the forest for the game. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...this is like a dream. :) LOL Super cool! Reminds me of that movie with Robin Williams. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.