Sunday, March 6, 2011

1 Tag, 3 Techniques

I've been really intrigued by all the stamping techniques out there, so I was especially excited to try the current challenge at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space, which calls for you to use three techniques on a single tag: Resist, Brayer, and Masking.

Masking, I can do (with much thanks to adhesive masking paper). Resisting, which involves clear embossing powder, is a new favorite of mine that I'm still struggling to master. But I don't own a brayer, and until recently I thought it was fairly unnecessary. But now I really, really want one! I didn't want to miss out on this challenge just because I didn't own one of the necessary tools, so I made my own brayer-type thingy by wrapping papertowels onto a toy plastic rolling pin I happened to have. It's a poor substitute for the real thing, but it did give me a chance to experience the technique.

Inspiration:
Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space challenge: Tag using Resist, Brayer, and Masking Techniques

Supplies: Heart Tag cut file by PaperFacesDesigns, SCAL & Cricut, Core'dinations and Hammermill cardstocks, MS detailing scissors, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, Inkadinkado spray ink, emery board, Versamark and ColorBox inks, stash eyelet, Elmer's gel pens, Copic Ciao markers, CelebrateIt! ribbon, Stampendous clear embossing powder, Marvy heat tool, stamps by gstudio, Cherry Blossom Branch stamp from Inkadinkado Asian by Design set, stamps from K&Co. Amy Butler Lotus Floral set, pop-dot, Inkadinkado masking paper

2 comments:

  1. These tags are just gorgeous. And well done on your ingenuity! Just to make you a little jealous I've got 3 brayers - all different sizes, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CG - I'm waaayyyy behind in commenting, but your tags are lovely! You are also the winner of the challenge (I do apologize for the delay)!!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.