Monday, March 21, 2011

Butterfly Stack

Wow, I had a super duper weekend! I met lots of new crafters thanks to Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack's Mad About Paper Blog Hop, and find myself with several new followers. Helloooo everybody!

I didn't do really any challenges last week, so this week I decided to start anew with the sketch challenge at CDAC and the color combo at Color Throwdown. The freebie Butterfly digi stamp offered by McMahon Five Designs for the CDAC challenge really lent itself to this lovely palette. Thank you!

Since I was working digitally anyway, I took the color combo image into PhotoShop and matched the colors: I used the eyedropper to grab the color and then put it as a color overlay onto the butterfly (Layer/Layer Style/Color Overlay/Screen mode). I always printed butterflies in the combo colors onto the inside of the card.

I was inspired to try stacking differently colored layers by Anne Baity on CDAC (here's her incredible cherry blossom card on CDAC; I'll post her blog if I can find it.)

I used physical stamps for both the tag and and the sentiment, which was super fun. The sentiment is also clear-embossed, because why not!


Digi stamp: Butterfly Breeze by McMahon Five Designs

Inspiration:
Color:
Color Throwdown #133
Sketch & image: CDACsc19

Supplies: Paper Studio. Brazzill and Core'dinations cardstocks, ZipDry glue, embroidery thread, StazOn ink, Martha Stewart chalk ink and detailing scissors, CraftSmart(?) scalloping scissors, Crop-O-DileII (for border on plum pieces), SCAL & Cricut, 09KutUps font (for scalloped circles), Adobe PhotoShop & InDesign, HP printer & ink, emery board, pop-dots, Copic markers for (coloring pop-dots)

4 comments:

  1. What a happy card! Love how you layered everything and how you stamped the butterflies inside! Thanks for playing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwh, what sweet little butterflies! Such an adorable card :]

    Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this butterfly project is so gorgeous, all your hard work was worth it.

    In reference to my card that I embossed I made a mistake by saying cricut, I meant cuttlebug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such unusual colours and the layering looks great. Lovely butterfly.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.